Alabama Bariatrics is now offering a comprehensive Medical Weight Loss Program just for you!
This program is designed to help you reach your weight loss goals through diet, exercise, and prescription medication without the need for surgery. Patients who have already had weight loss surgery, and may have regained a bit of their weight back, might qualify for this program. This is a 12 week long program that can be extended based on your success and goals. During this program you will be given a diet plan as well as exercise plan tailored toward your needs. You will be meeting with our nurse practitioner for the majority of this program to help keep you on track, motivated, and to hold you accountable. We believe this program is a great alternate option for anyone with a BMI greater than 27. *Drugs are used only for those with a BMI greater than or equal to 30*
This program is self-pay only; we will not be billing insurance. You may choose to bill your insurance for labs and/or medications if desired. Additional fees to be expected are the dietician, and possibly labs and medications.
- Call the office today to see if you qualify as a candidate for the program (256)274-4523
- Be prepared to pay $400.00 at your initial consult.
What the program includes:
- Visits with our nurse practitioner, Katie Wilson, CRNP
- A visit with Dr. Suggs
- A one on one visit with one of our registered dietitians *additional cost will apply*
- Labs will be drawn in the beginning of your program, and then as need throughout program *additional costs may apply depending on insurance coverage*
- Prescription medications *additional costs may apply depending on insurance coverage*
- An exercise program designed just for you
Statistics have shown, with most medications, patients are losing 2.5X’s more weight loss than diet and exercise alone. Patients are losing 5-10% of their total body weight.
Intragastric Balloons: For even more weight loss, you may consider adding an intragastric balloon. See “Intragastric Balloons” tab for more information.
Timeline of what to expect during my 12 weeks:
- Week 1: meet with NP, diet and exercise plan will be implemented, and lab work will be ordered
- Week 2: meet with Dr. Suggs, medications will be added if desired
- Week 3: meet with dietician
- Week 4: meet with NP, follow-up on progress
- Week 6: meet with NP, track progress
- Week 8: meet with NP
- Week 10: meet with NP
- Week 12: meet with NP, evaluate goals, and lab work
*Weekly meeting may vary based on provider availability
705 Bank St. Decatur, AL.
610 Airport Rd. Huntsville, AL.
Appointments for our Medical Weight Loss patients are offered on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
Call or email us today #256-274-4523 / firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your first appointment and start losing weight with us!